MASTER THE GUITAR AT SOUNDWORKS
At Soundworks Music, we value creativity, inclusivity & diversity. We offer diverse guitar tutoring which is tailored for each individual based on the preference of style & genre along with aligning core fundamentals of the instrument.
Our teachers are qualified vocal practitioners and have several years of industry experience. They are highly skilled in the design, delivery & assessment of music learning programs.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During lessons, you can expect to: –
- Learn a vast collection of chords beginning with one finger and open chords then, working up to building the strength to harness bar chords, 7th chords and much more.
- Learn single note melodies and riffs to develop dexterity and accuracy.
- Work on selected repertoire to combine technique and theory
Learn fundamental picking exercises and strumming patterns to play any song.
- Apply music theory when rehearsing contemporary repertoire
- Learn how to practice effectively.
Explore a ‘pattern-based’ approach to learning the Guitar
HOW WE TEACH
We adopt an evidence-based teaching approach. Our teachers set goals with each student early in the learning process. The lessons are designed to help students achieve those goals through the learning outcomes for each session.
We use a range of delivery methods and resources to develop your technique & musical expression. The ability to read Guitar tab and slash rhythm notation is a key focus, with the option to expand into reading musical notation
Our teachers will also support you as you develop practice habitswhich will help you build muscle memory and nuance like behaviourson the guitar so you can just ‘play’.
Our teachers are actively involved in the industry through theperformance, composition, arrangement & recording of music. Theywork with various music styles including Blues Jazz, RnB, Pop, Rock &Soul.